Roleplaying for Children
Quest! was designed to introduce children to roleplaying. While playing with our group one day, we noticed that we had captured our childrens' attention. While the youngest was fascinated with moving figurines and rolling dice, her sibling was asking some tough questions about the actions of the party - questions dealing with combat and why we were using violence to accomplish our goals.
We decided that in order to introduce kids to roleplaying games, we needed an easy (and non-violent) structure, one that let them learn and explore as well as roleplay with the various creatures they encountered along the way. And thus, Quest! was born.
The primary goal was to teach children how to roleplay, but we decided that we could also bolster useful skills that would have a positive impact on their lives outside gaming. These skills are:
- Counting the pips on the dice and moving their tokens
- Taking turns and learning patience
- Problem-solving skills
- Working together to reach a common goal
- Learning to apply empathy and negotiation
What is included
Quest is designed to be a complete game system, ready to play with just a little bit of assembly (the pages of the game map need to be taped together, and the counters need to be cut out). If you purchase the PDF version, you will need one six-sided die. Included with the game are:
- Easy to understand rules that will have you playing in about 10 minutes
- A page of counters representing all of the tokens you will use
- Six map pages, designed to place together to form the game map
- Large sizes templates for use with Shrinky-Dink™ paper, should you desire more permanent tokens
- Black and white versions of the tokens and maps, so your children can personalize them
- A few black and white illustrations from the game for coloring
Quest! is not just about fairies - it can be modified by the creative parent to provide a wide variety of adventures. Also, future versions are planned which will include maps and counters for different Quest! characters, such as pirates, space explorers, and undersea adventures. So check back with us if you enjoy this, because we plan to release more!
Price and ordering
Quest is available in a downloadable PDF that you can print directly to your printer. This helps us keep costs down and gives you the option to reprint any lost or damaged pages. The electronic version is currently $7.50 US - click the Buy Now button below. If you prefer to have a physical paper or disk copy, we can take special orders, and the price will depend on quantity and shipping location.
All registered users are entitled to a free copy of the extra PDF document for printing on ShrinkyDink™ craft paper! The link will be here when the file is available.
Please let us know if there is any way we can assist you by contacting us at email@example.com
Quest! is copyright ©2019 Anshadar, LLC. All Rights Reserved